Skip to content
- Only select one focus point for the portrait, no more.
- Focus on the eyes of the subject.
- Never shoot a portrait less than 50mm, always stay above 70mm because the image will come out distorted.
- Shoot in the shade, avoid taking portraits in direct sunlight because it creates unpredictable white balance and makes the subject appear squinting.
- Get rid of any background distractions like brightly colored objects, signs, and power lines so the subject is the only thing in focus.